TAILS 1.3.1 is out (March 23, 2015)
https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/plai ... /changelog
Transition to a new OpenPGP signing key:
https://tails.boum.org/news/signing_key ... ex.en.html
Numerous security holes in Tails 1.3:
https://tails.boum.org/security/Numerou ... ex.en.html
Direct Download - Latest Release - 1.3.1 ISO image:
http://dl.amnesia.boum.org/tails/stable ... -1.3.1.iso
Direct Download - Cryptographic Signature:
https://tails.boum.org/torrents/files/t ... .1.iso.sig
SHA256 checksum for ISO/Direct Download:
Verify the ISO image:
https://tails.boum.org/torrents/files/t ... .1.torrent
BitTorrent Cryptographic signature:
https://tails.boum.org/torrents/files/t ... orrent.sig
"Seed back! Seeding back the image once you have downloaded it is also a nice and easy way of helping spread Tails."
The Tails-dev Archives:
tails (1.3.1) unstable; urgency=medium
* Security fixes
- Upgrade Tor Browser to 4.0.5, based on Firefox 31.5.3 ESR. This addresses:
- Upgrade Linux to 3.16.7-ckt7-1.
- Upgrade libxfont to 1:1.4.5-5.
- Upgrade OpenSSL to 1.0.1e-2+deb7u15.
- Upgrade tcpdump to 4.3.0-1+deb7u2.
- Upgrade bsdtar to 3.0.4-3+wheezy1.
- Upgrade CUPS to 1.5.3-5+deb7u5.
- Upgrade file and libmagic to 5.11-2+deb7u8.
- Upgrade GnuPG to 1.4.12-7+deb7u7.
- Upgrade libarchive to 3.0.4-3+wheezy1.
- Upgrade libav to 6:0.8.17-1.
- Upgrade FreeType 2 to 2.4.9-1.1+deb7u1.
- Upgrade libgcrypt11 1.5.0-5+deb7u3.
- Upgrade libgnutls26 to 2.12.20-8+deb7u3.
- Upgrade libgtk2-perl to 2:1.244-1+deb7u1.
- Upgrade ICU to 184.108.40.206-12+deb7u2.
- Upgrade NSS to 2:3.14.5-1+deb7u4.
- Upgrade libssh2 to 1.4.2-1.1+deb7u1.
- Upgrade Tor to 0.2.5.11-1~d70.wheezy+1+tails1. Changes include:
· Directory authority changes.
· Fix assertion errors that may trigger under high DNS load.
· No longer break on HUP with seccomp2 enabled.
· and more - please consult the upstream changelog.
- Upgrade Tor Launcher to 0.2.7.2, and update the test suite accordingly
(Closes: #8964, #6985). Changes include:
· Ask about bridges before proxy in wizard.
· Hide logo if TOR_HIDE_BROWSER_LOGO set.
· Remove firewall prompt from wizard.
· Feedback when “Copy Tor Log” is clicked.
· Improve behavior if tor exits.
· Add option to hide TBB's logo
· Change "Tor Browser Bundle" to "Tor Browser"
· Update translations from Transifex.
- Fix the Tor Launcher killer. (Closes: #9067)
- Allow Seahorse to communicate with keyservers when run from Tails
OpenPGP Applet. (Closes: #6394)
- SSH client: don't proxy connections to 172.17.* to 172.31.*.
- Repair config/chroot_local-packages feature, that was broken in Tails 1.3
by 19-install-tor-browser-AppArmor-profile. (Closes: #8910)
- language_statistics.sh: count original words instead of translated words.
Otherwise we get >100% translation if translated strings are longer than
original strings. (Closes: #9016)
* Minor improvements
- Only ship the new Tails signing key, and have Tails Upgrader stop trusting
the old one. Update the documentation and test suite accordingly.
(Closes: #8735, #8736, #8882, #8769, #8951)
- Polish and harden a bit the WhisperBack configuration (Closes: #8991):
· Only allow the `amnesia' user to run tails-debugging info as root
with no arguments.
· Fix spelling and grammar mistakes, improve phrasing a bit.
· Quote variables consistently.
* Test suite
- New tests:
· Chatting over XMPP in Pidgin, both peer-to-peer and in a multi-user
chatroom. (Closes: #8002)
· Chatting with OTR enabled over XMPP in Pidgin. (Closes: #8001)
· Check that Pidgin only responds to the expected CTCP requests.
· Fetching keys using Seahorse started via the OpenPGP Applet.
· Sync'ing keys using Seahorse.
· Fix a race condition between the remote shell's and Tails Greeter's
startup, by making sure the remote shell is ready before we start
GDM. (Closes: #8941)
· Kill virt-viewer properly. (Closes: #9070)
· Make sure the display is stopped on destroy_and_undefine().
Where we had it earlier, it could be skipped if anything else in the
block threw an exception.
· Fix wrong use of "$@". (Closes: #9071)
· Enable the pipefail option in run_test_suite.
· Improve the GNOME screenshot test's robustness. (Closes: #8952)
· turn the focus_pidgin_window() helper into a more generic
· Reorganize the Display class.
· Use clearer method to check process status in the Display class.
- New developer-oriented features:
· Add a --log-to-file option to run_test_suite. (Closes: #8894)
· Add helpers for generating random strings.
· Make it possible to hook arbitrary calls on scenario end. This is useful
for dynamically adding cleanup functions, instead of having
to explicitly deal with them in some After hook.
-- Tails developers Mon, 23 Mar 2015 12:34:56 +0000